May is always a month filled with birthdays and fun almost summer celebrations. Not only is my mom’s birthday in May, but my mother-in-law’s is in May as well (their birthdays are a day apart!). Their birthdays also happen to be about a week before Mother’s Day. So, when it comes to finding cute projects made by my little guy, I need to find them in one fell swoop. Grandma’s love homemade projects from their grandkids.
Today’s post is an easy, but really cute, project that any child can do. This is even young toddler easy. Since Mother’s Day is this Sunday, this could be an activity that you and your little ones can do this week. You can even do it on Saturday (the day before) it is that simple. I found this on Pinterest and tweaked it a little bit.
Here are the supplies you will need:
1. Paint ( I used washable since it involves fingerpainting)
2. Thick paper (you can use cardstock or I used Watercolor Paper)
3. Letter Stickers or Masking tape
4. Picture Frame
The steps are as follows:
1. Choose what you want the picture to say. I chose to have it say “Love You Grammy”. The picture on pinterest shows it says “Love”. Once you have chosen the saying, arrange the letters on the paper. You can get crafty in how you want to arrange them. Since this was my first time trying this, I took the easy route.
**The directions on the site said to use masking tape and create the letters that way. I tried and I couldn’t get the letters right. If you can do it, by all means use the masking tape. I decided on the stickers.**
2. Here is the part your child will love! Choose however many colors you want on the paper (we went with two). Then pour some on a paper plate and let your child dip their hands in the paint. Then let them fingerpaint away all over the paper.
3. Once they have finished painting, let it dry. The paint I used took about an hour.
4. When the paint is dry peel the stickers off and you have an amazing painting created by your little one. You can choose to frame it like I did. Or you can leave it as is. (The site showed the project being done on a canvas. That may be something you choose to do.)
There you go! This was such an easy project but extremely cute. Grandmas (and Moms) will love to display this in their house!
I hope you have fun with this project. Let us know if you changed the project in any way. And let us know of any other cute projects you may be doing for Mother’s Day. See you tomorrow!
You can contact me at email@example.com.